IMBA Grants Program
The IMBA grants program provides assistance to International Mountain Bicycling Association chapters and supporting organizations for trail and bike projects. Some of IMBA's strongest supporters have stepped up to provide financial assistance to the mountain bike community. These grants support projects that maintain and improve the sustainability of local trails, preserve the environment and enhance conservation in the mountain bicycling community.
Please support these contributing organizations by including logos or mentions in your group's communication collateral and social media posts when possible in appreciation of their support for mountain bike advocacy. Grant winners will be asked to create and promote social media content to further promote the programs.
Deadline Is May 15 each year.
Applications must be submitted via IMBA Grants Application Form.
Please note each grant has different and specific goals. Project selection and awards will be based on alignment with the grant goals as well as quality of the proposal and project. Submissions will not be accepted via mail or email. IMBA has full discretion in the selection of grant winners and reserves the right to judge applications according to grant requirements, input from IMBA Region Directors, and application criteria.
Applications MUST include the following, plus specific requirements below in each grant description:
- A brief, 200 word typed description of the proposed project that demonstrates how funds will be productively used to preserve and enhance trail access, promote environmental education or inspire conservation in your community.
- A budget outline to show how all funding will be used.
- Organization Name (Applications for IMBA Small Grants must be from current members or chapters of IMBA; applicants must include membership numbers).
- Contact Name
- Contact Address
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email and Club Website
- Digital copy of a completed W-9 tax form (grant winners will be required to submit a completed W-9 tax form).
- Copy of the organization's IRS determination letter showing 501(c)3 status
- Chapters and supporting organizations should have a web page set up with IMBA's Teaming For Trails microsite.
Winners will be announced in June, 2015.
CLIF Trail Preservation Grants
IMBA and CLIF will award ten $500 cash grants to IMBA-affiliated groups to fund projects that promote environmental education and inspire conservation in the mountain biking community. Grants will be awarded to IMBA-affiliates that best meet the following project criteria.
Include a one-page, typed description of the proposed project that demonstrates how funds will be productively used to preserve and enhance trail access, promote environmental education and inspire conservation in your community. Include a budget outline to show how all funding will be used. Please attach these documents during the application process.
CLIF also generously supports IMBA clubs and chapters volunteer work days with donated CLIF Bars. To order bars for your next volunteer day click here.