IMBA's Public Lands Initiative
IMBA's Public Lands Initiative offers new resources to promote a bicycle-friendly approach toward our nation’s legacy of public lands protection. The strategic elements of the campaign include:
- Identify high-priority trails across the nation and keep them open to mountain bikes
- Provide professional training sessions, enhanced communication tools and facilitated negotiations with stakeholder groups
- Track management plans and promote pro-bicycle policies at the local, state and federal levels
- Champion public land protection campaigns to protect our trails from development and resource extraction and preserve continued bicycle use
- Build and strengthen multi-user outdoor recreation coalitions
- Unite the bicycle industry, retailers and IMBA clubs behind key land protection campaigns
Read the 2012 PLI Report From the Bicycle Leadership Conference.
The Public Lands Initiative targets critical campaigns where public lands policies, legislation and management practices could close important trails to bicycles. Click here to support IMBA and the Public Lands Initiative
IMBA offers sincere thanks to the 40 founding companies of IMBA's Public Lands Initiative (PLI) for your generous contributions. Special thanks go to Trek, Specialized, SRAM, Camelbak, Bikes Belong, Hydrapak and The Conservation Alliance for renewing their support for this important work.