2014 IMBA World Summit
The IMBA World Summit is a biennial event that brings together mountain bike enthusiasts, volunteers, trail builders and thought leaders with bike industry representatives, land managers and government officials from across the U.S. and around the world. The summit is a unique opportunity for people to share ideas, learn new things and ride great trails in a beautiful destination. We hope to see you there!
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. SEE YOU IN STEAMBOAT SPRINGS!
For complete event information, see the links at right. You can also read a summary of the 2012 gathering. Here's a sneak peek at what to expect:
- Wednesday, 8/20: Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew workshop, Instructor Certification Program training, open tours of the Moots Cycles factory, pre-summit rides (demo bikes) on Emerald Mountain and an evening welcome reception for IMBA chapter members.
- Thursday, 8/21: A Day Devoted to Chapters—IMBA 2.0 (sessions and chapter congress for IMBA chapter members, only) plus several other events for non-chapter attendees including: demo bikes, riding on Emerald Mountain, National Mountain Bike Patrol workshops and an evening jump jam at the Bear River Bike Park.
- Friday, 8/22: Destination Dirt—Investments and Payoff in MTB Communities (sessions open to all attendees), content focus for professional land managers and tourism folks, bike demos, night riding on Emerald Mountain and an evening reception with special guest speaker, BikeSnobNYC.
- Saturday, 8/23: Epic rides followed by BBQ and beverages, and an outdoor evening film screening of Singletrack High.
- Sunday, 8/24: Summit-X Enduro Race, a benefit for the Routt County Riders, IMBA's chapter in Steamboat, and the Steamboat Bike Town USA™ initiative.