The Central Illinois Trails Association seeks to preserve, protect, and promote hiking and mountain bike access and diverse riding and hiking opportunities on public and private lands through education, communication, and unified action.
CILTA's mission is to create, enhance and preserve responsible trail usage in Central Illinois areas including Sangamon, Morgan, Cass, Menard, Logan, Mason, and Christian counties. Our advocacy programs will promote community activities to increase trail awareness, approach fun alternatives for fitness while emphasizing safety, and inspire Illinois residents to embrace environmental conservation while sustaining their trails for future users.
• Integrating bicycling with all other forms of transportation.
• Clean air and water – sustainability as a 21st century imperative for all communities.
• Wellness and healthy lifestyles.
• Bicycling for fun – whether solo or with companions.
• Ensuring the future of mountain biking
• Promotion of responsible riding, maintenance and preservation of mountain biking trails
• Educate cyclists and non cyclists about mountain biking and provide information on building legal trails
• Encourage youth involvement.
• Establish community trail networks with appropriate mapping and signage.
• Gain support from other clubs, industry, shops, other trail users and land management groups.
• Trail user education.
• Keep the single track (single)
• Trail sustainability
Central Illinois Trails AssociationChatham, IL
No events currently scheduled. Add an event.