The IMBA EPICS list is crowd-sourced annually via a public nomination process. The EPICS designation denotes a true backcountry riding experience. IMBA EPICS are what many mountain bikers live for and make travel plans around: immersive rides that are technically and physically challenging, beautiful to behold and worthy of celebration.
- Demanding, mostly singletrack trail experience in a natural setting
- Denotes a true backcountry riding experience in remote settings
- One that is technically and physically challenging
- More than 80 percent singletrack
- At least 20 miles in length
- EPICS route is mapped on mtbproject.com or other online source
Meet the team
Contact us if you have any questions about EPICS.
Shane has been a trail builder and an advocate for mountain biking since 1992. He has focused on the design and planning of trail systems that integrate destination quality mountain biking into growing communities. Shane’s planning work is known for it’s imaginative use of terrain and careful attention to managing users by providing opportunities and progression. He has extensive experience guiding the development of destinations all over Europe and North America.Meet our team