National Mountain Bike Patrol Resources
As the world leader in volunteer mountain bike patrolling, the NMBP has many resources you may find helpful for starting a patrol group, becoming a trainer, furthering your education and answering questions you may have.
Starting a patrol group?
- Sign Up Your Group For Free
- Best Practices Handbook
- Find a Red Cross class near you
- Find an American Heart Assoc. class near you
- Sample documents: bylaws, MOU templates and incident report forms
- Building a successful NMBP program (from IMBA World Summit 2010)
- Starting a group - Value of a Patrol (PowerPoint)
- Top Traits of Successful Patrols (PowerPoint)
- Patrolling at an event
- Patrol store: You MUST be a certified patroller and signed in using your registration email address to access the NMBP store.
Looking to improve your patrol knowledge?
- Follow the patrol blog
- Minimal impact riding
- Bike repair
- First aid documents: from snake bites to frostbite
- Course schedule for National Outdoor Leadership School Wilderness First Aid training (Wilderness First Aid certification is not required)
- Great example of a joint training exercise, patrol group and local fire/rescue
Want to become a patrol instructor?
If you still have questions after exploring the NMBP resources, please contact marty [dot] caivano [at] imba [dot] com (Marty Caivano).