IMBA/USA Cycling Trail Tune-up Grants Available
The IMBA/USA Cycling Trail Tune-up Grants feature up to $2,000 in funding to improve trails used for mountain bike events, and a follow-up visit from one of the Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew. The crew will provide technical assistance for the grant winners’ trail projects.
Event/race staff and volunteers from local IMBA chapters and/or supporting organizations are encouraged to work together to ensure trails are well maintained.
All applications are made as a partnership between the Event Promoters/Race Organizer and the local IMBA chapter or supporting organization. Applications name a current IMBA member or chapter of IMBA, and a USA Cycling member club or race promoter.
Projects that create or improve trails used for mountain bike racing will receive the highest consideration, but funding can also be used to improve trails for race training and recreational riding.
The Trail Tune-Up Grants are completely funded by USA Cycling members through an optional checkbox on USA Cycling license applications and renewal forms. The actual grant will depend on the total amount donated by USA Cycling members.
The application period is May 1—August 31, 2014. One winner will be chosen. The announcement will be made at Interbike during the week of September 8, 2014 and published in a press release through IMBA and USA Cycling media.
Grant Applications Must Include:
- A brief 200 word, typed description of the proposed project that demonstrates how funds will be productively used to preserve and enhance trail access, promote environmental education and inspire conservation in your community.
- A brief 200 word, typed description of how the event organizer and the local IMBA chapters and/or supporting organizations partner to ensure trails are maintained before, during, and after the race.
- A budget outline to show how all funding will be used.
- IMBA Chapter/Supporting Organization and USA Cycling Club/Promoter Name and Member Number (Applications must be name a current member of IMBA or IMBA chapter and a USA Cycling member/sanctioned event promoter)
- Contact Name
- Contact Address
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email and Event/Chapter/Club Website
- Digital copy of a completed W-9 tax form
- Copy of the organization's IRS determination letter showing 501(c)3 status
Applications must be submitted via IMBA's Small Grants Application Form. Submissions will not be accepted via mail or email. This program is administered through a partnership between USA Cycling and IMBA.