About Unreasonable Adventures (aka SWAE Sports)
Spotlight Your Trips With IMBA
Through our partners at Unreasonable Adventures (formerly SWAE Sports), IMBA's web visitors will be able to find your individual trips and book them directly through imba.com, as well as many other magazine, hotel, and visitor bureau websites. In the words of Adventure Magazine, "SWAE's systems are something of an Expedia for adventure travel."
This is a fantastic opportunity for small start-ups or local guides based around the world to get connected with the large U.S. market of adventure travelers without expensive travel agent middlemen.
How to get your trips listed:
- Your company must be a current IMBA Destinations partner to be listed on imba.com
- Any or all (you decide) of your trips will be listed on imba.com's where to ride page.
- It takes about 10 min per trip for you to get it uploaded into Unreasonable Adventures' system. Check out their 2-minute orientation video here.
- If you already have your own booking system, you can sign up for their basic account with no start-up or exit fees. Unreasonable Adventures just charges a 17% commission for successful bookings made through their system and donates half of that commission back to the IMBA Trail Building Fund for bookings made directly through imba.com. If you do adopt their booking system, you will be charged a monthly fee but pay no commission - see below.
- Once you are in their system, your tours will also be automatically listed on dozens of other leading industry sites including Singletracks.com, Mountainflyermagazine.com, Outdoor.com, Climbing.com and many more.
Don't have your own booking system?
In a matter of minutes, Unreasonable Adventures can give your website online reservations, customer management, and payment processing capabilities! Though they typically charge $80 per month for this booking platform, because you are a member of IMBA, you will get a 25% discount...saving you $240 annually! Just use the Discount Code IMBA when signing up! And 25% of your purchase will go to support the IMBA! Plus you get a 1 Month Free Trial. See how one outfitter is using their systems here.
Learn more about Unreasonable Adventures and get started here. Or contact Unreasonable Adventures' head of Partnerships at Alex [at] unreasonableadventures [dot] com.
Fun Fact: 10% of Unreasonable Adventures' profits are dedicated to providing local guides in the developing world with capital, equipment, and expertise they’ll need to create their own eco-tourism business.
Photo compliments of Colorado Backcountry Biker.