Small Grant Winners Will Receive $9600 in Cash From IMBA
For Immediate Release 7-14-2014
Contact mark [dot] eller [at] imba [dot] com (Mark Eller)
IMBA Communications Director
303-545-9011 ext. 115
IMBA and its corporate partners offer a range of grants for chapters and affiliated organizations to support their trail building, education, trail maintenance and other efforts. This summer, we are pleased to announce that $9600 in cash will be awarded through IMBA’s small grants program.
"Small grants are a great way to kick start local efforts and often are combined with community funding to drive a larger project like a bike park or new trail, " said Rich Cook, IMBA Development Director. "We appreciate that Fox, Osprey and Clif Bar get this and have contributed to growing IMBA's small grants program."
Visit the grants information page to learn about all the funding opportunities on offer.
IMBA/CLIF Bar Trail Preservation Grants
Ten cash grants ($500 each) to promote environmental education and inspire conservation in the mountain biking community.
- Central Ohio Mountain Biking Organization (Westerville, OH)
- Northeast Indiana Trail Riders Organization (Auburn, IN)
- Cycle-CNY (Lansing, NY)
- Bald Eagle Mountain Bike Association (Lewisburg, PA)
- SORBA-Jax (Jacksonville, FL)
- Northwest North Carolina MTB Alliance (Lenoir, NC)
- Northeast Georgia SORBA (Gainesville, GA)
- Central Alabama Mountain Pedalers (Auburn, AL)
- Del Norte MTB Association (Taos, NM)
- Central Iowa Trail Association (Des Moines, IA)
IMBA/Osprey "Let's Build Trails" Program
Four cash grants ($400 each) to support projects that are beneficial for the continuation or growth of recreational mountain biking in the United States.
- Central Illinois Trails Association (Chatham, IL)
- Team Dirt (Corvallis, OR)
- South Alabama Mountain Bike Association (Mobile, AL)
- Southern Kettle Moraine Chapter of IMBA (Whitewater, WI)
IMBA/FOX Bike Park and Pump Track Grants
Three grants ($1,000 each) to support bike park projects initiated by IMBA chapters and affiliated organizations.
- Motor City Mountain Biking Association (Detroit, MI)
- Folsom Auburn Trail Riders Action Coalition (Auburn, CA)
- Medicine Wheel Trail Advocates (Colorado Springs, CO)