IMBA Seeks Northeast Region Director
For Immediate Release 8-20-12
Contact markeller [at] imba [dot] com (Mark Eller)
IMBA Communications Director
303-545-9011 ext. 115
IMBA is searching for suitable candidates to fill a just-announced position as the Region Director in the Northeastern portion of the United States. This is a full-time, salaried exempt position. IMBA’s Northeast region consists of Connecticut, New York, northern New Jersey and Vermont.
IMBA’s Region Directors are responsible for growing the organizational capacity of IMBA's affiliate network, especially IMBA Chapters. The role is like that of an Executive Director when working with IMBA Chapters. The end result of the Regional Director’s job is optimal access for mountain biking on sustainable trails. The job involves growing Chapter membership, coordinating local and regional advocacy activities, training and local leadership development, facilitating trail projects partnership development, fundraising and putting into operation IMBA’s programs at a grassroots and regional level.
The position reports to IMBA’s Executive Director and works in close collaboration with all IMBA staff, including other Region Directors.
- Supervision of regional support staff and volunteers
- Recruiting and enrolling clubs and affiliates into IMBA’s Chapter Program
- Developing, updating, and activating a plan for regional growth in membership, funding resources, and volunteer capacity
- Facilitating communication between IMBA staff, state and regional work groups, chapters, and other local advocates
- Actively cultivating, documenting and disseminating best practices in all aspects of trails advocacy and trails conservation
- Assessing and developing partnerships for trails development opportunities throughout the region
- Developing, engaging and mobilizing volunteer leadership
- Cultivating and aligning trail development opportunities with IMBA's Trail Solutions program.
- Representing and promoting IMBA at relevant public events and festivals
- Identifying, cultivating, and activating grassroots leaders within the mountain bike advocacy community
- Developing and guiding good chapter governance in collaboration with other regional directors
- Collaborating with the regional director team to support advocacy in adjacent, unstaffed regions
- Extensive travel will be required. Region Directors will work in the field, traveling away from home, on average, 60% of their work time.
- Working on a flexible schedule, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays
- A monthly salary, plus a travel and living expense stipend
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life and long term disability (available immediately)
- Deferred compensation retirement plan option
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and résumé to kerri [dot] salazar [at] imba [dot] com (Kerri Salazar). No calls, please.
IMBA is an equal opportunity employer and nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.