IMBA Launches Destinations Program
For Immediate Release 6-27-2011
Contact: Mark Eller
303-545-9011 ext. 115
IMBA is excited to announce the launch of a new program to support mountain bike tourism, help enthusiasts find great places to ride and plan bike-related travel. IMBA Destinations is a dedicated resource for mountain bike travel planning with several useful tools:
- Search for bike-friendly travel services, bike parks, resorts and information centers that support IMBA's work via the IMBA Destinations partner list or locator map
- Find and book tours available through IMBA's partners. All bookings made through imba.com generate a donation for IMBA's trail work
- Learn about a bucket list of riding destinations on the IMBA Epics pages
- Listing of bike shops near your riding destination for trail info, gear rentals, tune-ups and more
- A community events calendar for group rides, festivals and other happenings during your travels
"We are thrilled to partner with IMBA's Destinations program," said Melanie Fisher, Co-owner of Cog Wild Bicycle Tours, an IMBA destinations member who provided feedback during development of the program. "Cog Wild supports both IMBA and our local IMBA Club, the Central Oregon Trail Alliance, sponsoring free shuttles for trail volunteers, hosting tours on the Epic Umpqua River Trail and getting our own shovels dirty as often as possible. Connecting with IMBA is great for our business."
Kirkwood Mountain Resort is a long-standing IMBA Member from the ski resort/bike park category. In 2010 they helped pilot the IMBA Sustainable Trails program, which enables a rider to make an optional $2 donation from a lift ticket purchase to IMBA's Trail Building Fund. "Even though Kirkwood builds and maintains all our own trails, without IMBA advocacy work and pioneering sustainable trail technology, we would have far fewer riders interested in our resort," said Ricky Newberry, Kirkwood Mountain Bike Park Manager. "We are excited to continue to grow our support for IMBA and the sport, while leveraging the new Destinations program."
The IMBA Destinations program offers a search and book function directly on imba.com powered by SWAE Sports. Registration for this service is a free benefit to IMBA Destination Members and a small commission applies only if a tour is booked. Five percent of any booking is donated back to IMBA's Trail Building Fund which supports future development of sustainable trails.
To become an IMBA Destinations Member contact wendy [dot] kerr [at] iimba [dot] com (Wendy Kerr), at 303-545-9011 x113 or visit the IMBA Destinations web pages at imba.com/desinations.