For Immediate Release 9-13-10
Contact: Mark Eller
IMBA Communications Director
markeller [at] imba [dot] com
303-545-9011 ext. 115
[PHOTO: Guests attending IMBA's Industry Leadership Breakfast on Thursday morning will receive a special-edition ceramic coffee mug with lid. Limited supplies.]
Visit IMBA during the Interbike trade show (Sept. 20-24 in Las Vegas, NV) for a bevy of gear giveaways, great parties and the fourth edition of IMBA's annual breakfast for the bicycle industry. From the On-Dirt Demo to the show close, retailers and members of the bike industry are encouraged to drop by the IMBA booth anytime to meet with IMBA's staff, or to join or renew their individual, corporate or dealer memberships.
"Each year, more of IMBA's supporters who attend Interbike contact us with creative ways to raise money and awareness for IMBA's work during the show," said development director Rich Cook. "We are extremely grateful for all of their efforts and we're looking forward to visiting with all of IMBA's many friends and partners in the bike industry."
IMBA's industry breakfast will feature a welcome for new and existing supporters from Executive Director Mike Van Abel. The program features updates on the recently launched Public Lands Initiative, recognition for leading IMBA-affilaited corporate members and bike retailers, and the presentation of Bicyle-Friendly Business awards from the League of American Bicyclists. The event is slated for Thursday, Sept. 23, in Sands Rooms 105-107, with doors opening at 7:00; the program begins at 7:30 and will conclude by 8:45. Representatives from some of the industries leading companies will contribute to the presentation, including Bikes Belong President Tim Blumenthal, SRAM President Stan Day, Trek Director of Advocacy and Government Relations Krista Rettig, and Specialized Founder and President Mike Sinyard.
CamelBak Supports Membership Drive With LOBO Pack Offer
CamelBak will continue its Above and Beyond support by supporting IMBA's membership drive at Interbike. Now in its third year, the hugely popular CamelBak/IMBA promotion is back—CamelBak has donated 200 of their new 2011 LOBO hydration packs, featuring the new Antidote reservoir for Interbike attendees that join or renew their IMBA membership during the show.
Better yet, CamelBak is also contributing all of proceeds raised from sales of the new Antidote reservoir at the CamelBak booth to IMBA's Public Lands Initiative. The efforts are part of the company's generous support of IMBA's efforts to protect mountain bike access on public lands—CamelBak also gave $10,000 to the cause during this year's Bicycle Leadership Conference.
"IMBA and CamelBak have a long and successful partnership based on our mutual passion for outdoor recreation," said Sally McCoy, CEO for CamelBak. "Through our support of IMBA's Public Lands Initiative, CamelBak enables mountain bikers to enjoy low-impact use of sustainable trails on our public lands.”
Annual Industry Breakfast Gains Sponsorship from The North Face and Interbike
IMBA is proud to partner with The North Face, co-sponsors of this year's IMBA Industry Breakfast, on Thursday morning. Complimentary coffee, bagles and breakfast sandwiches will be served, and all attendees will receive a ceramic coffee mug courtesy of The North Face. Set you alarm and join us in the Sands Rooms 105-107; breakfast and coffee will be served at 7; the program begins at 7:30 and will conclude by 8:45.
The partnership coincides with the release of new offerings in The North Face's Cryptic® high-performance line of mountain biking apparel. "Working with IMBA is a great fit for The North Face both from the advocacy and product perspective," said Aaron Carpenter, Vice President of Marketing for The North Face. "Mountain Biking is a natural extension of our brand. This year, we rounded out our Action Sports category with mountain biking product for the spring and summer months, which was well-received by the community."
"We share a common goal with IMBA, to help mountain bikers enjoy and explore the boundaries of the sport, while being responsible stewards of the planet," said Carpenter. Interbike attendees can stop by the breakfast or the IMBA booth to learn more about The North Face's ongoing advocacy efforts, and the company's Planet Explore online community which connects users with outdoor activities in their area.
Show organizer Interbike will co-sponsor the breakfast. "As always, we are proud to support IMBA and its many initiatives to promote mountain biking," said Interbike's Andy Tompkins. "Now more than ever, with trail access in dispute in many leading mountain bike areas across the country, we need to stand behind IMBA to make sure they have the proper tools to represent the cycling community as future legislation is developed. The annual IMBA breakfast at Interbike is a great opportunity to provide visibility to thousands of brands, retailers and members of the media and collectively show our support."
IMBA Events and Fundraisers During Interbike
Monday, Sept. 20: Hammerfest Hour at the On-Dirt Demo
• Presented by Shimano, New Belgium, Interbike and CamelBak. Proceeds benefit IMBA
• Complimentary beverages and take-home pint glasses ($5 suggested donation)
• Monday, 9/20: 4:30-6.30 PM
• Interbike On-Dirt Demo, Bootleg Canyon
Monday and Tuesday Sept. 20-21:Smith Optics Special Offer at On-Dirt Demo
• Smith Optics will donate $5 to IMBA for each pair of sunglasses sold at On-Dirt Demo
• Style models from $40, Performance interchangeable models from $50
Thursday Sept. 23: IMBA Industry Leadership Breakfast
• Presented by The North Face and Interbike
• Complimentary breakfast and coffee mugs for all attendees
• Updates on IMBA's top-priority programs
• Bicycle-friendly business awards presented by the League of American Bicyclists
• Thursday, 9/23: Coffee and breakfast starts at 7:00 AM; presentation 7:30-8:45 AM
• Sands Rooms 105-107
Thursday Sept. 23: Team Clif Bar Foosball Invitational
• Register your 2-person team at booth #1953
• Complimentary Fat Tire beer during play
• Winning teams see a donation to IMBA in their honor
• Tournament games from 4-6 on Thursday
Thursday Sept. 23: Wet and Dirty Recreation with Ryders Eyewear
• Donate $10 to IMBA CAN or IMBA US and get a pair of shades
• Select models and limited quantities
• Complimentary Pyramid beer
• Visit booth #2859 from 4-6 on Thurs.
All Week at the CamelBak booth: CamelBak Antidote Special Offer
• Get the new, lighter Antidote reservoir for $10 (MSRP $35)
• All proceeds go to IMBA's Public Lands Initiative
All Week During IMBA Events: Win a Niner JET 9 Frame
• Drop your business card in the fish bowl during IMBA benefit events to play
• Winner gets a JET 9 frame from Niner Bikes ($1700 value)
• Drawing held at 12 PM at the IMBA booth on Friday—winner does not need to be present
All Week at the IMBA Booth: IMBA Membership Drive CamelBak Pack Offer
• Free CamelBak LOBO pack featuring the new Antidote Reservoir
• Special gift from The North Face with each new or renewing membership
• Retailer memberships start at $100
• Individual memberships start at $40
• Stainless steel waterbottles from The North Face on sale for $7 with all proceeds going to IMBA