Join the National Mountain Bike Patrol
There are four mandatory requirements for membership as a patroller:
- Current certification in basic first aid and CPR.
- Successful completion of any of the following courses:
- A mountain bike patrol training course (taught by a local NMBP-affiliated group).
- A volunteer host training program (taught by local land manager).
- A ski area specific mountain bike patroller training (taught by a local ski area management or ski patrol).
- A passing grade on the NMBP Patroller online certification exam. A study guide for the exam can be found here.
- Send in an application form with membership payment.
Download the application form (Word format | PDF format)
Mail the form to IMBA along with 1.) payment, 2.) proof of a basic first aid course and 3.) a note about where or from whom you received your patroller training. There is no online membership application at this time. If you are already an IMBA member, we recommend joining as a patroller at the regular level regardless. Twelve more months will be added to your membership's current expiration date. Your annual patroller renewal will include a regular IMBA membership.
PO Box 7578
Boulder, CO 80306
- Find a Red Cross class near you
- Find an American Heart Assoc. class near you
- Read about patroller duties
- Take the patroller exam
- Find a patrol group near you
- Visit the Resources section to learn more
- Current NMBP members can renew online here (Please make sure you are signed in so you don't duplicate your record, choose "patroller" rather than "individual.")
NMBP members receive all standard IMBA membership benefits, plus extra deals on bikes from Turner and Rocky Mountain, discount pricing from Thomson, Planet Bike and Deuter, a Promotive account for purchasing discounted bike and outdoor goods from major brands (including Adventure Medical Kits) and the ability to purchase IMBA-exclusive, NMBP-branded gear including jerseys, jackets and hydration packs. Learn more here.
Please note, NMBP memberships are exclusive and NON-TRANSFERABLE. You may add an IMBA family membership on the registration form for an additional $30, but household members will be represented separately under IMBA, not under the NMBP.
If you need extra socks, patches or bike plates, please visit the NMBP store.