Skip to Navigation

Instructor & Guiding Insurance

Insurance needs for mountain bike guides and instructors vary widely.  IMBA and the Instructor Certification Program may not advise on any insurance related questions.  However we understand the many challenges for those who want to do what they love without large risk, so here are a few options:

Option 1

Inquire with your personal insurance agent.  Talk with your personal insurance broker and ask about your options and details of an umbrella policy in regards to your guiding or instructional activities.  

Option 2

Pachner & Associates
, LLC 
Insurance Brokers & Consultants

ICPinsurance [at] pachner [dot] info

ICP Customer Service Representatives - Ted Wesolowski and Anna Wiser

(888) 582-4884
(518) 576-2100

Option 3


Julie Bennington
julie [at] townandcountry-insurance [dot] com
(434) 385-1004

Option 4

USA Cycling

Applying for insurance requires a USA Cycling coaching license (Level 3 is an online test only)

Note: camps and clinics must be sanctioned by USA Cycling. 

Option 5

McKay Insurance Agency

insurance [at] mckayinsagency [dot] com

If you've found an affordable policy that covers mountain bike guiding and/or mountain bike instruction, please forward the provider's contact and policy information to icp [at] imba [dot] com so we can help spread the word!