Level 3 Certification
ADVANCED SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
Length: 3.25 days. Course includes a classroom portion, field practice, skills analysis, strategies and methods to foster high-quality, reputable instructors.
Cost: $697 USD for current IMBA members. $775 USD for non-IMBA members. Join or renew
The IMBA ICP Level 3 course offers hands-on training to prepare the students for conducting advanced level instruction. Completion of the course, in addition to passing a practical exam and written test, will qualify an individual to:
- Provide instruction on basic and advanced mountain bike handling skills
- Provide private instruction for all levels of riding through clinics/camps/events
- Support IMBA-ICP Instructor Trainers at clinics/camps/events
Level 3 Pre-requisites:
- IMBA ICP Level 2 certification
- 100+ hours of instructional experience after Level 2 certification
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Six or more years of mountain biking experience
- Personable individual with good communication skills and a desire to help others
Insurance: Level 2 and higher certified instructors are required to purchase the insurance policy or provide proof of general liability coverage. IMBA's instructor policy has been created specifically for the ICP to provide coverage during clinics, lessons, skills rides and other instructional events. Please go here for more information on our instructor insurance policy.