1) The tread width should average between 1.0 – 2.0 meters, but can vary based upon terrain, exposure, use, features, etc.
2) The trail tread should be generally smooth and consistent.
3) Seasonal variations in tread condition should be minimized through proper design and construction.
4) The trail tread should be constructed primarily of soil and rock.
5) Other materials are allowed where necessary for sustainability or to enhance the user experience, but should not comprise more than 10% of the trail length.