What is IMBA's Dirty 30 all about?
For one weekend this fall, we're taking over Bentonville, AR, to celebrate our 30th anniversary and properly acknowledge the people who have made great places to ride happen over the past 30 years. To make our Dirty 30 the best event possible, we joined forces with the first-ever Outerbike Bentonville for an incredible weekend of riding and partying with friends new and old, alike.
Join us to honor the historical stewardship successes of our community, celebrate where mountain biking is currently, and witness the great things to come in the future. And, of course, come ride on purpose-built, bike-specific singletrack and bike parks on the latest mountain bikes.
IMBA and its network of dedicated advocates have evolved significantly to respond to new opportunities to expand mountain biking to a broader audience. By continuing to work together, we will further develop and accelerate efforts that create, enhance and protect great places to ride mountain bikes.
When is the Dirty 30?
October 26-28, 2018. Saturday, October 27, is the big day when we'll lead multiple group rides, host the awards ceremony and party into the night with Outerbike.
The Dirty 30 Auction
More than ever, IMBA is focused on creating and catalyzing more trails close to home. Trails close to where people live, work and play are powerful economic drivers, provide health and wellness benefits, progress the sport and alleviate trail-use pressures. The Dirty 30 auction supports our work to create more trails close to home across the U.S., in communities large and small, in places where equitable access will make a difference in the lives of countless current and future mountain bikers.
The auction features incredible mountain bike vacation packages, exclusive gear and much more. It is open October 1-21 for viewing and October 22-27 for bidding. It will close at IMBA's Dirty 30 party on the evening of Saturday, October 27. Please support a bigger, brighter future for mountain biking by bidding. And thank you to all of our generous partners who donated!
Dirty 30 Schedule
Friday, Oct. 26
- 10 AM, IMBA Dirty 30 Ride — Take a guided tour of the Slaughter Pen singletrack with IMBA staff. Multiple route options to choose from, leaving from the Outerbike venue. All abilities welcome!
- 11 AM, Women’s Ride — Ladies! Join the women of IMBA on the Slaughter Pen singletrack. We’ll likely break into groups with guided routes ranging from 10-20 miles, leaving from the Outerbike venue. All abilities welcome!
- 7 PM, 80s Night — Join IMBA, Redbull and Pivot for a most excellent night of fun. We’re not giving you all of the details, but you might want to bring your best 80’s garb to Outerbike. Legwarmers, leotards, wrestling singlets, metal band t-shirts, old-school DH racing skinsuit, those sorts of things. Find the Preacher’s Son and have him hang your things in the Coatroom. Expect drinks, prizes, and fun. Click here to learn more.
Saturday, Oct. 27
- 10 AM, IMBA Dirty 30 Ride — Take a guided tour of the Blowing Springs singletrack with IMBA staff. Multiple route options to choose from, leaving from the Outerbike venue. All abilities welcome!
- 10:30 AM, Singletrack Society Ride — Invite only with Dave Wiens and special guests.
- 7 PM, IMBA’s Dirty 30 Party @ Bike Rack Brewing / 8th Street Market — This event is first-come, first served and is capped at 700 people. Entry includes a free beer from Bike Rack Brewing, a taco bar provided by Yeyo's and two great live bands. We will raise a glass to 30 years of mountain bike advocacy, honor some of the nation’s top mountain bike champions—as nominated by people like you—and will look to a bright future for access and progression by launching our “more trails close to home” campaign. Come find out how IMBA plans to play a big role in creating and catalyzing more great mountain biking communities nationwide.
Four passes to choose from
Price - $240 + fee
Price - $190 + fee
Price - $85 + fee
The whole shebang! The premier ticket for the person who wants it all: bike demos, shuttle rides, and access to everything that is going on at Outerbike.
NO bike demos with this pass. If you are certain there is no better bike than the one you own and you feel guilty even thinking about riding another, this is the ticket for you.
NO bike demos or shuttled rides with this pass. Do you or a friend want to come to Outerbike, but not ride bikes? The Social Card gives you access to all three days of the Outerbike event (except bike demos & shuttled rides) and allows you to enjoy the perks of Outerbike.
IMBA Dirty 30 Party Only
Price - $40 + fee
IMBA Dirty 30 only ticket holders have access to the Saturday evening IMBA Dirty 30 Celebration! The IMBA Dirty 30 Party consists of libations, tasty local cuisine, entertainment, award celebration and access to the Dirty 30 Silent Auction.
Renting, Shipping or Demoing a Bike
RENT: Bikes can be rented locally. Please note you need to select a specific location with each of these retailers.
SHIP: Bikes can be shipped to your lodging destination or the local FedEx shipping center with BikeFlights.
DEMO: Bikes are available via Outerbike when you purchase the Full Demo Pass. Please note IMBA cannot reserve bikes for any attendees via Outerbike; all demo bikes are on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend arriving early.
Support the Dirty 30
IMBA exists to create, enhance and protect great places to ride mountain bikes. With three decades of experience in supporting more access to trails for more mountain bikers, we are looking forward to celebrating those years of experience in Bentonville, Arkansas. Bentonville has earned themselves a name as the latest mountain biking mecca and we are excited to host our IMBA Dirty 30 in what is quickly becoming a new era in mountain biking destinations; More Trails Close To Home.
IMBA's Dirty 30 provides sponsors with a strong platform to deliver their brand's message to a broad audience.
Become an IMBA Dirty 30 sponsor
This silver-level IMBA Ride Center is not only a quaint town packed with excellent restaurants, art museums, and kid-friendly activities, but it's a place that has embraced bicycle riding as a lifestyle and identity. Bentonville represents IMBA's desired model for the future: a location that has multiple opportunities to ride close to where people live and work.
Bring your mountain bike (or plan to demo several), your appetite and your family. With endless B-roads and lengthy paved paths, you might even want to bring your road bike and stay a few extra days.
More details will continue to be added over the next 60 days. To learn more about Outerbike, visit Outerbike Bentonville.
GETTING TO BENTONVILLE
Many folks have flown into an airport that creates a longer drive than necessary. The closest is Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport, located a short Uber/Lyft ride from downtown Bentonville.
Tulsa (OK) International Airport and Springfield-Branson (MO) National Airport are each about a two-hour drive from Bentonville. Greyhound Shuttles are available from Springfield, MO, and Tulsa, OK, to Bentonville, and run $30-$60. Book on the Greyhound website.
Group lodging discounts
- Courtyard Bentonville
- TownePlace Suites Bentonville
- Four Points by Sheraton Bentonville
- DoubleTree by Hilton Bentonville
When booking lodging with any one of our partner hotels, please mention the IMBA Dirty 30 to receive the group discount rate. And don't delay the rates will expire early into October.
Bentonville on Trailforks.com