Level 1 Certification - Morrisville, NC (HOSTED BY REI)
Course Price = $495 for IMBA members. $550 for non-IMBA members
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike rides in a professional, systematic and safe manor
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider's fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Assist ICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- 18 years of age or older
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, shifting & brake adjustments, etc.)
- A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
- First day's session is 5-8pm (classroom setting).
- Second and third day sessions are on-bike outside, approximately 8am-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
- A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES: March 24th, 2017
Classroom portion will take place at: Cary REI Devonshire Place 1751 Walnut St Cary, NC 27511
On-bike training and testing will take place at: Lake Crabtree County Park 1400 Aviation Parkway Morrisville, NC 27560
Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/bLNNUcv5cFA2
Nearby lodging and camping available at:
Country Inn and Suites
201 Airgate Dr
Morrisville, NC 27560
1010 Airport Blvd
Morrisville, NC 27560
Bike rentals available by: REI Outdoor Programs
Cancellation Policy = A $25 admin fee will be charged to all course cancelations. Partial refunds may be given for cancellations made 14 to 21 days before the course date, and NO refunds 13 days or less.
Not currently certified in First Aid & CPR? Find a Red Cross course near you here.
Click here for the 2017 schedule of ICP events.
CARY REI DEVONSHIRE PLACE
CARY, NC 27511-5930
Help spread the word