Level 1 Certification - St. George, VA
Course Price = $625 full package / $550 course & meals
(Event will be held at a private boarding school. All meals provided onsite)
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike rides
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride skills assessment
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Observe and correct a rider's fundamental skills (Neutral & Ready Position, Bike Body Separation, Pedal Position, Eye Movement, Braking, Steering, Speed, Gearing & Cadence, Timing & Coordination, Pressure Control)
- Assist ICP Instructors and Instructor Trainers at clinics/camps/events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shifting adjustments)
- A manual is included in the course fee.
- Friday's session is 5-8pm (classroom setting)
- Saturday and Sunday are 9am-6pm with an hour break for lunch.
- A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES JULY 17th, 2014
Cancellation Policy = A partial refund will be given for cancellations made 14 to 21 days before the course date. Full refunds 22 days or more and no refunds 13 days or less before course start date.
Full Package Pricing = Includes lodging (dorm room style) Friday and Saturday night. You must provide your own linens, blankets, towels. Includes breakfast, lunch & dinner Saturday plus breakfast & lunch Sunday.
Bike Rentals Available Onsite
Training and testing will take place at Blue Ridge School
If traveling 100 miles or more to this event check out our travel insurance. Something every mountain biker should have! Visit www.IMBAHealthPlans.com and click on the "Travel Insurance"
Click here for the 2014 schedule of ICP events.
St. George, VA 22935
|Level 1 Certification - full package (lodging & meals included)||$ 625.00|
|Level 1 Certification - course & meals only||$ 550.00|