Level 1 Certification - Snowshoe, WV
Course Length= 2.25 days (19 Hrs)
Course Price = $450 for IMBA members. $500 for non-IMBA members
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike rides
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride skills assessment
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Observe and correct a rider's fundamental skills (Neutral & Ready Position, Bike Body Separation, Pedal Position, Eye Movement, Braking, Steering, Speed, Gearing & Cadence, Timing & Coordination, Pressure Control)
- Assist ICP Instructors and Instructor Trainers at clinics/camps/events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shifting adjustments)
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES JUNE 1st, 2014
Please note this course schedule is unique and will run as follows:
Friday 9am-5pm (with 1 hr lunch)
Saturday 9am-5pm (with 1 hr lunch)
Sunday 8am or 9am - 12pm
Meeting location and indoor sessions – Tygart’s Room B/C located in Allegheny Springs, lower level. Most convenient access is in the main Village area next to the MAC.
Cancellation Policy = A partial refund will be given for cancellations made 14 to 21 days before the course date. Full refunds 22 days or more and no refunds 13 days or less before course start date.
Course Host = Hosted by Snowshoe Mountain
Onsite Lodging = If you’re lodging through Snowshoe Central Reservations, you may check in at Mountain Top Check in located in the Top of the World Lodging Complex at the South Mountain. This check-in location is open 24 hours for your convenience.
Ravenswood: This is the most affordable and basic of the lodging option at just $33 plus tax for 3 nights (June 13, 14, 15) in a private bedroom in a 3 bedroom dormitory style apartment. These are very basic, shared units and while they don’t offer luxury, they do offer a practical and affordable lodging option on top of the mountain with just a 2 minute walk to the heart of the village. Each 3 bedroom unit offers a full kitchen, shared bath, and access to coin laundry. To purchase the entire 3 bedroom unit the cost is $100 plus tax for 3 nights. Please call our main reservation line to book your lodging 877-441-4386.
Bike Rentals = Home to the largest bike rental fleet in the region, the Mountain Adventure Center (MAC) carries a full line of Kona and Specialized downhill and freeride bikes and gear. Book online or call the MAC at 304-572-5917.
If traveling 100 miles or more to this event check out our travel insurance. Something every mountain biker should have! Visit www.IMBAHealthPlans.com and click on the "Travel Insurance"
Click here for the 2014 schedule of ICP events.
|Level 1 course fee||$ 550.00|
Help spread the word