Level 1 Certification -Boonville, IN
Course Price = $495 for IMBA members. $550 for non-IMBA members
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike rides in a professional, systematic and safe manor
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride session
- Assess and diagnose common errors within each rider's fundamental skills
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Assist ICP instructors at clinics, camps, and events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (American Red Cross or equivalent)
- 18 years of age or older
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, shifting & brake adjustments, etc.)
- A manual and all course documents are included in the course fee.
- First day's session is 5-8pm (classroom setting).
- Second and third day sessions are on-bike outside, approximately 8am-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
- A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES: April 25th, 2017
Classroom portion will take place at: Boonville Middle School – Main Entrance 555 N. Yankeetown Rd. Boonville, IN 47601
On-bike training and testing will take place at: Scales Lake Park – Old Shelter House 800 W. Tennyson Rd. Boonville, IN 47601
Nearby lodging and camping available at:
- Scales Lake park offers RV and tent camping.
- The Motel Manor (812-897-1800) is the only lodging in Boonville.
- The nearest Evansville hotel is Econo Lodge (812 471-9340).
Bike rentals available by: Dan's Competition – John Wilson (812-477-8828)
Cancellation Policy = A $25 admin fee will be charged to all course cancelations. Partial refunds may be given for cancellations made 14 to 21 days before the course date, and NO refunds 13 days or less.
Not currently certified in First Aid & CPR? Find a Red Cross course near you here.
Click here for the 2017 schedule of ICP events.
BOONVILLE MIDDLE SCHOOL - MAIN ENTRANCE
BOONVILLE, IN 47601-2087
|Level 1 course fee||$ 550.00|
Help spread the word