Level 1 Certification - Bellingham, WA
Course Price = $500
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike rides
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride skills assessment
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Observe and correct a rider's fundamental skills (Neutral & Ready Position, Bike Body Separation, Pedal Position, Eye Movement, Braking, Steering, Speed, Gearing & Cadence, Timing & Coordination, Pressure Control)
- Assist ICP Instructors and Instructor Trainers at clinics/camps/events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shifting adjustments)
- A manual is included in the course fee.
- Thursday's session is 5-8pm (classroom setting)
- Friday and Saturday are 9am-6pm with an hour break for lunch.
- A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES JULY 16th, 2014
Cancellation Policy = A partial refund will be given for cancellations made 14 to 21 days before the course date. Full refunds 22 days or more and no refunds 13 days or less before course start date.
Nearby Lodging: Best Western Plus Lakeway Inn 714 Lakeway Dr (360) 671-1011
Hotel Bellwether. One Bellwether Way Bellingham, WA 98225 (360) 392.3100
Local Bike Rentals: Bikesport Bellingham 2416 Meridian St (360) 778-2483
Fanatik Bike Shop 1812 N State St (360) 756-0504
Classroom portion on Thurs evening will take place at Bikesport Bellingham 2416 Meridian Street.
On-trail training will take place at Cornwall Park
Not currently certified in First Aid & CPR? Find a Red Cross course near you here.
If traveling 100 miles or more to this event check out our travel insurance. Something every mountain biker should have! Visit www.IMBAHealthPlans.com and click on the "Travel Insurance"
Click here for the 2014 schedule of ICP events.
3424 Meridian St
Bellingham, WA 98225
|Level 1 course fee||$ 535.00|