Level 1 Ride Guide Certification - Austin, TX
Course Price = $450 for IMBA members. $500 for non-IMBA members
Completion of the course with passing the practical exam will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike rides
- Assess the level of each rider in their group through a pre-ride skills assessment
- Prepare and implement action plans in an emergency situation
- Make responsible choices in picking trail routes for specific groups
- Observe and correct a rider's fundamental skills (Neutral & Ready Position, Bike Body Separation, Pedal Position, Eye Movement, Braking, Steering, Speed, Gearing & Cadence, Timing & Coordination, Pressure Control)
- Assist ICP Instructors and Instructor Trainers at clinics/camps/events
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate (see below for local provider)
- Three or more years of mountain biking experience
- Good communication skills with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flat tires, broken chains, and shifting adjustments)
- Go HERE for information about obtaining mountain bike instructor insurance.
- A manual is included in the course fee.
- Friday's session is 5-8pm (classroom setting)
- Saturday and Sunday are 9am-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
- A schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES FEBRUARY 18th, 2014
Cancellation Policy = A partial refund will be given for cancellations made 14 to 21 days before the course date. Full refunds 22 days or more and no refunds 13 days or less before course start date.
Course Host = Hosted by Dirt Dojo - http://www.dirtdojo.com/
Lodging = Fairfield Inn and Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane • 12536 N IH 35 • Austin, TX 78753
*Special discounted rate for ICP participants. Our host hotel, Fairfield Inn & Suites has a room block just for us!
Call 512.821.0376 and use code INTP. Or, go HERE to book online with the discount.
YOU MUST BOOK BY 2/14/14 TO RECEIVE THIS DISCOUNT
If traveling 100 miles or more to this event check out our travel insurance. Something every mountain biker should have! Visit www.IMBAHealthPlans.com and click on the "Travel Insurance"
Special Note = Local CPR & First Aid certification can be obtained locally by contacting Carla Jennings
512-751-3283 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Special thanks to Cycle Progression for supporting our trainers with bikes!
*The on-trail training will occur at Walnut Creek Metropolitan park
Click here for the 2014 schedule of ICP events.
Fairfield Inn & Suites
Austin, TX 78753
|Level 1 course fee||$ 500.00|