2014 Midwest Fat Bike Access and Grooming Workshop in Cable, WI
The Midwest Fat Bike Access and Grooming Workshop will take place Jan 9th and 10th on the CAMBA Trail System in Cable, Wisconsin, at The Rivers Eatery in the Ideal Market. Many thanks to QBP, MORC, CAMBA and IMBA for hosting this event. The main event will be held Jan 10th.
This season, our gathering is focused on clubs and individuals that are grooming fat bike trails, or are dealing with access issues related to winter off-road cycling and fat biking.
— Major thanks to our event sponsor, Quality Bicycle Products!
Thursday night ride and social
Opening Ride 6 pm, Thursday, Jan. 9th (meet at Lakewoods)
Reception 8 pm, Thursday, Jan 9th, at the Lakewoods Bar
Summit Agenda, Friday, Jan. 10 2013 at The Rivers Eatery, Cable, WI
- 9 am, Breakfast, introductions, logistics
- 9:30 am, Fat Bike 101 – bikes, gear, demographics and discussion of IMBA's Fat Bike Best Practices.
- 10.30am, Midwest Clubs – Update on Fat Bike Trails Design and Maintenance
- 11 am, Growth of Fat Bikes, Economic Impacts, Where Can They Be Ridden?
- Noon, Fat Bike Demo Ride for land managers
- 12:30 pm, working lunch – Shared Trail Example Presentations:
- Methow Valley, WA-Nordic/Fat Bike Trail Use
- Michigan Tech University-Nordic/Fat Bike Trail Use
- Victor, Idaho, District 33-Snowmobile/Fat Bike Trail Use
- 1:30 pm, Fat Bike Grooming Techniques inside session.
- Human Powered Grooming – classroom discussion
- Mechanized Grooming – classroom discussion
- 2:00 pm,Outside demonstrations of grooming products, techniques. Location TBD
- 4:00 pm, Summit closes with fat bike group ride.
Lodging hosted by:Lakewoods Resort, Cable, WI
Call 715-794-2561 for reservations. Rooms are available but due to a snowmobile festival the same weekend space will fill up quickly once snow arrives: $99 per night, two night minimum.
Hope to see you in Cable!!
Hansi Johnson, IMBA Upper Midwest Regional Director
Help spread the word