Level 2 Basic Skills Instructor Certification Course - Westwood, MA
Course Price = $697 USD (Current IMBA member rate)
Completion of the course with passing the two practical exams and the written test will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike rides
- Provide mountain bike instruction on basic bike handling skills
- Provide private instruction for beginner and intermediate level riders through clinics, camps, events
- Provide appropriate basic bike set-up recommendations
- Support IMBA-ICP Instructor Trainers at clinics/camps/events
Medical Qualifications = Basic First Aid and CPR (proof of current certificate required)
Skill Qualifications = Intermediate to advanced riders who can confidently execute and demonstrate basic mountainbike skills such as Neutral and Ready Positions, Bike/Body Separation, Braking, Shifting, Cornering, Climbing, Wheel Lifts, Roll Downs, etc. Please review our LEVEL 2 SKILLS VIDEO which displays many of these required skills.
Registrants should have five or more years of mountain biking experience, good communication and personable skills, and be passionate about riding with a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely. It is not a requirement to be Ride Guide certified. This Level 2 certification course will cover the material for being a Ride Guide in addition to a Basic Skills Instructor.
- Go HERE for information about obtaining mountain bike instructor insurance.
- A manual is included in the course fee.
- Thursday's session is 5-8pm (classroom setting)
- Friday-Sunday are 9-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
- A detailed schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
Local Lodging Suggestions
Holiday Inn, Dedham MA 55 Ariadne Rd Dedham MA 781-329-1000
Fairfield Inn, Dedham MA 235 Elm St, Dedham, MA 02026 781-326-6700
Residence Inn, 259 Elm St, Dedham, MA 02026 781-407-0999
Cancellation Policy = A partial refund will be given for cancellations made 14 to 21 days before the course date. Full refunds 22 days or more and no refunds 13 days or less before course start date.
If traveling 100 miles or more to this event check out our travel insurance. Something every mountain biker should have! Visit www.IMBAHealthPlans.com and click on the "Travel Insurance"
Click here for the 2013 schedule of ICP events.
|Level 2 Certification Course||$ 825.00|