This school is geared towards experienced trail builders who want to learn more about the techniques used to design, construct and maintain pump tracks and bike parks. The school will be done in conjunction with the MORC Cottage Grove Bike Park Project in Cottage Grove Minnesota. IMBA Trail Solutions employees Jason Wells and Rich Edwards will be teaching the course!
Please use The Country Inn Cottage Grove as your hotel of choice as it is close to the project site!
- Pump Track planning, design, construction, and maintenance
- Risk management and signs
- Development costs and funding strategies
- Volunteer involvement in pump track construction and maintenance
Who Should Attend?
- Club leaders who may be involved in executing pro builder contracts and projects.
- Landscape architects
- Serious trail builders and folks looking for professional trail building skills developement.
Date and Time: September 27th-29th, 2013
Friday nights social
6pm: The American Motorsports Café, Cottage Grove Minnesota.
Saturday Meet at Cottage Grove City Hall "Training Room"
Classroom session 8.30 AM to 10.30 AM.
Address for Training Room is at the
Cottage Grove City Hall
12800 Ravine Parkway South
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Class resumes in field at Cottage Grove Bike Park.
Saturday Evening Social
7pm: Cowboy Jacks, Woodbury Minnesota
Field session continues 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM Meet at Bike Park Site.
Capped at 30 participants
- Lunch will be provided
- Participants must provide their own transportation to and from Cottage Grove, Minnesota.
- Participants should bring food, water, sunscreen, and clothing/footwear appropriate for fieldwork
- Participants should bring their own bike if they wish to ride at the conclusion of the workshop