This school is geared towards experienced trail builders who want to learn more about the techniques used to design, construct and maintain Flow Trails. The school will be done in conjunction with an IMBA Flow Trail project in Grand Rapids, Michigan. IMBA Trail Solutions employee, Aaron Rogers (Copper Harbor) will be teaching the school along with another member of Trail Solutions Staff.
- Flow trail planning, design, construction, and maintenance
- Risk management
- Development costs and funding strategies
- Volunteer involvement in Flow trail construction and maintenance
Who Should Attend?
- Club leaders who may be involved in executing pro builder contracts and projects.
- Landscape architects
- Serious trail builders and folks looking for professional trail building skills developement.
Date and Time: June 21st-23rd, 2013
The Flow Trail School will be held at Richmond Hills Park, 1639 Tamarack Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Friday Evening social, 6PM
Classroom session 8.30 AM to 10.30 AM
Class resumes in field on flow trail at..... 11 AM to 5:30 PM
Saturday evening social TBA
Field session continues 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM
Aaron Rogers, Trail Specialist
Dan Hudson, Trail Specialist
Capped at 20 participants
- Lunch will be provided
- Participants must provide their own transportation to and from the site
- Participants should bring food, water, sunscreen, and clothing/footwear appropriate for fieldwork
- Participants should bring their own bike if they wish to ride at the conclusion of the workshop
Riverfront Hotel-Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids, 49504
A discounted rate of $94.00 plus tax and that includes breakfast for every individual in the room. Ask for the Mt. Biking Group rate, then they’ll get the discount. Here’re the phone numbers: 616-363-9001 or toll free 855-344-6835
Rogue River (http://www.grandrogue.com/) campground by Cannonsburg