Level 2 Basic Skills Instructor Certification Course - Portland, OR
Course Length = 3.25 days (28 Hrs)
Course Price = $697 (Current IMBA membership required)
Completion of the course with passing the two practical exams and the written test will qualify an individual to:
- Lead individual or group mountain bike rides
- Provide mountain bike instruction on basic bike handling skills
- Provide private instruction for beginner and intermediate level riders through clinics, camps, events
- Provide appropriate bike set up recommendations (bar/seat height, brake/shifter positioning, basic compression & rebound settings)
- Support IMBA-ICP Lead Instructors at clinics/camps/events
Medical Qualifications = Basic First Aid and CPR
Skills Covered = Neutral and Ready Positions, Bike/Body Separation, Braking, Shifting, Turning, Climbing, and more.
Technical Qualifications = 5+ years mountain biking experience, good communication and personable skills, passionate about riding and a strong desire to help others have more fun and progress safely. It is NOT a requirement to have the Level 1 certification.
Other Information = All Level 2 certification courses will cover the material for being a Ride Guide in addition to a Basic Skills Instructor. Your IMBA membership must be current to register for any ICP course.
A mountain bike instructor insurance policy can be purchased separately through the International Mountain Bicycling Association.
A manual is included in the course fee.
Monday's session is 5-8pm (classroom setting)
Tuesday-Thursday are 9-5pm with an hour break for lunch.
A detailed schedule will be emailed prior to the course.
Cancellation Policy = A partial refund will be given for cancellations made 14 to 21 days before the course date. Full refunds 22 days or more and no refunds 13 days or less before course start date.
2700 NE 82nd Ave.
Portland, OR 97220
|Level 2 Certification Course ($697 for current IMBA members)||$ 775.00|