The Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew, on the road since 1997, is IMBA's grassroots educational program and an authority on sustainable trail building practices. Two teams of professional trail experts travel year-round throughout the United States and beyond, leading trail work sessions, meeting with land managers and working with IMBA-affiliated clubs and the communities they serve to improve mountain biking opportunities.
The Trail Care Crew program has inspired great volunteer trail work across the U.S. and abroad - a big help to government agencies and land managers who have limited funding for trail construction and upkeep. As a direct result, there are now thousands of new and improved trails in all 50 states, Canada, Mexico and several European countries.
Dates: Nov. 15-18, 2012
Hosted by: Midlands SORBA
Contact: Steve Masone
PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK to register.
Please note: This visit is based on a remote camping location. Although lunch is provided on Saturday, you must bring everything else you will need for remote camping: food, water, camping gear, clothing, etc.
Also, follow the link above for discounted camping.
Friday, Nov. 16
- Midlands SORBA Social event, 6pm @ Poinsett State Park camping area. 6600 Poinsett State Park Road, Wedgefield, SC, 29168
Saturday, Nov. 17
IMBA Trail Building School
- Classroom 9 a.m. - noon @ Poinsett State Park,6600 Poinsett State Park Road, Wedgefield, SC, 29168
- Lunch provided - BBQ, chicken or baked vegetarian pasta. Please email any dietary preferences to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trail work 1 p.m. - 4/5 p.m. @ Poinsett Trail System
* Please do not plan to attend the work session if you can't make it to the morning classroom. Wear pants, closed-toe shoes, a hat, gloves and bring water for the trail project.
Sunday, Nov. 18
- 9am group ride. There will be a $5 daily permit for Sunday ride in Manchester State Forest, available either online or at Manchester rifle and pistol range on the weekend. Sunday is the only day of the week that riding is permitted in Manchester during hunting season (through 15 January).
The Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew is proud to be sponsored by: