- Posted: September 6, 2012 at 12:23:57 PM
- In: imba | Santa Fe | World Summit | Atlantic Region | Colorado-Wyoming Region | Great Lakes Region | IMBA Trail Solutions | Midwest Region | National Mountain Bike Patrol | Pacific Northwest Region | Southeast Region | Southwest Region
- By: Katherine Fuller
- 0 Comments
Representatives from 27 states have already signed up to attend the IMBA World Summit in Santa Fe, NM. Don’t miss the opportunity to share ideas, join the conversation and meet other IMBA members from where you live and ride. Don’t delay — the celebration begins on Oct. 10. I hope to see you there!
— Mike Van Abel, IMBA Executive Director
Sign Up Now and Save! Registration Fee Increases Monday
Save $40 on your World Summit registration by signing up before Monday, Sept. 10. When you do, you’ll also be entered to win a camping gear package from Big Agnes, the sponsor of the FREE camping zone at the World Summit. Sign up now to save money and reserve your free camping spot!
Chapter Congress at World Summit Will Reshape IMBA
How significant will the Santa Fe World Summit be for IMBA? According to executive director Mike Van Abel's new blog post, the second edition of an IMBA Chapter Congress will help reshape us into an entirely new organization.
Come Early for Special Rides and Events
Make your IMBA World Summit trip even richer by arriving a day early for these pre-conference events:
- Ride! Join us Tues., Oct. 9, for a day of riding in beautiful Los Alamos, NM. Choose from cross-country singletrack or lift-assisted downhill runs. Transportation, food, beer and live music provided.
- IMBA Trail Solutions Bike Park Workshop: IMBA has been involved in the construction of bike parks from coast to coast. Learn best practices from the experts to ensure the success of your bike park project.
- Trips for Kids Conference: Learn how to start a program, run fundraisers, get tips on general promotion and discuss the bicycle as an educational tool for youth as it relates to health, fitness and vocational skills.
- Southwest Trails Conference: Join land managers from Southwestern states who represent federal, state and local agencies to discuss public lands, stewardship and the economic benefits of recreational trails.
- Race Promoter Meeting: A professionally facilitated discussion will address topics such as: increasing participation, working with land managers and local volunteers, quantifying local economic impact, attracting new audiences and linking events to trail access campaigns.
Don't Leave the Family at Home
In addition to Santa Fe’s unique arts scene, Native American history and delicious Southwestern food, IMBA has set up two guided outings for family members to enjoy at a discount: a walking tour of Santa Fe and a visit to the Puye Cliff dwellings.
Submit Original Works for MTB Art Night
Original works of art are being accepted now through Sept. 16 for the MTB Community Art Celebration at the World Summit. It will take place Thursday evening, Oct. 11, with more than 200 people expected to be in attendance.
Screening of "Where The Trail Ends"
Friday evening, Oct. 12, will feature one of the first U.S. showings of a new mountain bike adventure film from Red Bull Media House. "Where The Trail Ends" immerses viewers in an extraordinary chronicle of exploration, chaos and culture, set amongst some of the globe’s most harrowing and remote natural landscapes.
Libations Sponsors Named
Each evening of the summit will feature a unique beer sponsor to complement Santa Fe's savory Southwestern cuisine. Join us in toasting New Belgium Brewing, Santa Fe Brewing Company, Marble Brewery, Second Street Brewery and Santa Fe Spirits.