Why the Middleton Bike Park (Middleton, WI) could be the future of WI off road cycling...
I deal with a lot of opportunities in my job. However, if I see 50 possible projects, I see only 1% that have the true potential to change communities, lives and influence economies. I saw one of those places this week.
Here are 10 reasons Middleton could change the way WI sees off road cycling.
1) Proximity to a huge cycling population and a very young youthful population.
2) Proximity to a vibrant cycling industry.
3) A Trails educated, motivated and enlightened land manager with knowledge of funding streams.
4) Adjacent land owners with large acreages and an already established adventure sports environment.
5) An IMBA Chapter Club (CORP) to get behind the project.
6) A 5 year management plan is being implemented this winter, with time for introducing a bike specific proposal.
7) Whole project is going to be intersected and connected via paved trail to Madison.
8) City owned property versus State owned. (makes a big difference in WI).
9) 100 room hotel being built on property.
10) Current bike park is professionally designed and constructed--allowing city to understand best practices in trail building, design and how to work with contractors.
Middleton has the ability to be a destination riding spot, with gravity based, flow based trails in the metro region of Madison.
Now that is potential and opportunity all rolled up in one....