- Posted: March 19, 2013 at 9:50:41 AM
- In: 402Trails | and Tony Boone Trails LLC | Anniston | Flow Trail | Forever Wild | NEABA | Northeast Alabama Bicycle Association | SORBA | Southern Off-Road Bicycling Association | Valerie Naylor - Trail Specialist | IMBA Trail Solutions
- By: Chris Bernhardt
- 0 Comments
This past weekend saw record crowds at the Coldwater Mountain trail system as the new gravity flow trails opened to the public. Highlights included:
- The Northeast Alabama Bicycle Association, a local chapter of SORBA/IMBA, had a strong presence and provided volunteers for a trail work party.
- The Anniston Fire Department displayed their new Wilderness Search and Rescue equipment that was purchased to help trail users.
- The Specialized Bicycles demo van was on hand to loan bikes to kids big and small so everyone could enjoy the great trails that Coldwater Mountain has to offer.
- An all-day women’s skills mountain bike clinic hosted by professional instructors from Birmingham.
Special thanks to project partners 402Trails, Valerie Naylor - Trail Specialist, and Tony Boone Trails LLC. Photos courtesy of Mike Poe (NEABA) and Trail Solutions staff.