IMBA Bike Village, New At The 2012 Midwest Outdoor Experience
IMBA Bike Village at the 2012 Midwest Outdoor Experience
OCTOBER 5 & 6
Midwest Outdoor Experience has exploded into one of the largest festivals celebrating the outdoor lifestyle in the Midwest. This multi-day event features a wide array of outdoor activities for you and your family to try, plus high-flying competitions, live music, a youth adventure zone, incredible demos, beer garden, camping and much more. And, it's all FREE!
New for 2012 is the IMBA Bike Village, where attendees can test ride bikes from multiple companies, learn about local trails and support area IMBA chapters by joining or donating to the groups' trail funds. Anyone who joins a local IMBA chapter on-site gets a free pair of IMBA "trail love" socks and is entered in a raffle to win jerseys, an IMBA track jacket and other sweet swag.
IMBA Bike Village highlights include:
Strider Adventure Zone, Hosted by the Miami Valley Mountain Bike Association, an IMBA Chapter
- Borrow a Strider push-bike and take a lap around a course built specifically for your 2-5 year old. You will even have the opportunity to win one of the bikes at the end of the festival! You can also purchase Strider bikes while there.
Take a Kid Mountain Biking
- October 6th is national Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day, so share your passion for pedaling with kids. Your child doesn’t have a bike? No problem! Borrow one of the children’s bikes or demo one and ride alongside a kid in the skills course — the Airborne Cross Country loop — or on the bikeway!
Airborne Cross Country Mountain Bike Loop
- The Airborne Cross Country loop will be a great place to demo various bikes at the festival. Test your skills on log overs, bends, elevated treads, skinnies and rock gardens.
Technical Skills Course
- Enter the skills course and practice riding the types of technical features that you encounter out on the trail. Features include skinnies, ramps, elevated treads and log overs.
There is something for everyone, so bring the entire family! Admission and parking are free! On-site camping is available. Learn more: http://www.metroparks.org/outdoorx/Experience-BikeVillage.aspx
Demo bikes available to use in the Bike Village:
- Airborne: Guardian, Wingman
- Giant Youth Bikes: STP 225
- Jamis: Dragon 650b
- Niner: A fleet of Niner's offerings will be available
- Strider Push Bikes: Strider SS-1 in various colors
- Trek: Fuel EX 8; Superfly 100 AL, AL Elite, Elite Carbon; Mamba; Domane Road Bike