Position Description for Interactive Technology and Database Manager
Posted June 7, 2013. Applications due by June 28, 2013
The International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA) has an immediate opening for the position of Interactive Technology and Database Manager to work as part of the management team at its Boulder, CO offices. This position is part of the Membership and Development team, and reports to the Director of Development. The position monitors the organization's operational and business requirements, researches technology strategies and solutions, and builds the most cost-effective and efficient system to grow IMBA’s constituency via online acquisition of new subscribers, advocates, members and donors.
This position manages — using both in-house resources and third-party contractors — the architecture and strategic direction of IMBA’s online systems, including imba.com, the organization's Drupal-based website. Other primary duties include managing IMBA’s CiviCRM-powered constituency relationship manager and the underlying MySQL, PHP and Linux technologies. These systems support IMBA U.S. staff, over 120 local chapters and our international partners in Canada and Europe.
This full-time, exempt position serves as IMBA’s lead website and database administrator.
- Manage IMBA’s website (Drupal), constituency relationship manager (CiviCRM) and cloud-based hosting services.
- Manage and organize all constituent data to facilitate targeted marketing and communications and member services including implementing strategies for acquiring new constituent data.
- Develop the digital interface to implement online membership, fundraising, marketing and interactive campaigns in tandem with traditional with postal mail campaigns.
- Manage and develop online tools for support of IMBA chapters’ non-profit business operations, including affiliate membership, fundraising constituent management services, technical and educational support.
- Establish, analyze and exceed benchmark performance metrics for all online transactions and other metrics established by the organization.
- Work with IMBA’s development and communications team to organize and utilize IMBA.com content to achieve marketing and communications objectives.
- Develop and deliver appropriate support and training for end-users of database and CRM applications.
- Manage vendors and related contracts and volunteer/in-kind services in support of cost-effective data management, CRM and IT infrastructure.
- Develop long range and annual plans and goals for IMBA’s technologies. Maintain accountability for related aspects of IMBA’s annual plan and budget.
Desired qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Marketing, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience with relational database applications, online content and constituent relationship management systems and the underlying hosting and coding architectures. MySQL, Drupal, PHP, and/or CiviCRM experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success with building online, data-driven campaigns and marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated success in problem solving, customer service, coaching, and training.
- Successful experience managing and facilitating cross-functional and geographically diverse teams including senior management and outside contractors.
Interested applicants should visit imba.com for general information and organizational background. Please submit a resume and cover letter by June 21 via email with “Interactive Technology Manager” in the subject line to kerri [dot] salazar [at] imba [dot] com.
IMBA creates, enhances and preserves trail opportunities for mountain bikers worldwide. Since 1988, IMBA has been bringing out the best in mountain biking by encouraging low-impact riding, volunteer trail work participation, cooperation among different trail user groups, and innovative, sustainable trail management solutions.
IMBA's worldwide network includes 32,000 individual members, more than 120 chapters, 400 affiliated clubs, over 150 corporate partners, mountain bike destinations and 600 bicycle retailer members. IMBA's members live in all 50 U.S. states, most Canadian provinces and 30 other countries.
IMBA's headquarters are located in Boulder, Colorado. The organization is a 501 (c) 3 tax-exempt, non-profit educational association.
IMBA is a equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender or preference for road riding.