Associate Regional Director/Executive Director of MORC
Minnesota Off-Road Cyclists and the International Mountain Bicycling Association (MORC-IMBA) are seeking candidates for a full-time, exempt position as Associate Regional Director/Executive Director of MORC working in the Twin Cities Metro area. The position’s accountability is to achieve the strategic and programmatic goals of MORC-IMBA by cultivating volunteer leadership, increasing financial capacity with fundraising and grant writing and bolstering membership growth. Other goals include coordinating Twin Cities advocacy and public affairs activity, marketing and communication activity and cultivating public management agency partnerships.
- Developing, updating and activating a plan for regional growth in membership, funding resources and volunteer capacity, and assisting the IMBA Regional Director (RD) in identifying and establishing more IMBA Chapters in Minnesota.
- Facilitating communication between MORC Board of Directors, state and regional work groups, members/volunteers and local advocates. The MORC Executive Director will also communicate information between MORC and the IMBA RD and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, the State Legislature and other Minnesota partner groups.
- Assessing and developing partnerships for trails development, cataloging stakeholders, partners, resources and opportunities both in the Metro region and throughout the State of Minnesota.
- Developing, engaging and mobilizing volunteer leadership in the Metro area.
- Representing and promoting MORC-IMBA at relevant public events and festivals
- Collaborating with other Minnesota mountain bike clubs to support broader trail development and advocacy.
- Assist IMBA RD and team to organize and facilitate an annual State of Minnesota Off Road Cycling Summit and aid in creating a Minnesota wide club association.
- Establish a sustainable sponsorship and partnership program for MORC-IMBA.
- Create membership drives and events to increase the overall MORC-IMBA membership numbers and participation within MORC-IMBA.
- Manage a MORC-IMBA volunteer database and assist with volunteer recruitment.
- Assist with MORC-IMBA day-to-day operations including emails, phone calls, meetings and other duties as assigned.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with business-related software, technology and applications for writing, presentations, communications, social networking, databases and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated public speaking, presentation and group facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Successfully building or significantly expanding grassroots initiatives.
- Experience with volunteer leadership development.
- Experience leading and working in a collaborative team environment with professional staff and volunteers.
- Fundraising and/ and/or relevant business development and sales experience.
- Grant writing and application experience.
- Experience and skill in working and land management agencies, elected officials and other land conservation stakeholders.
- Recruiting and motivating volunteers for grassroots initiatives.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of bicycle and outdoor recreation industries.
- Ability to represent MORC-IMBA in their mission and programs in an authentic and credible manner.
- Ability to meet the requirements of overnight travel, away from home. Must be able to work some nights and weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in a collaborative team environment
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Must attend all MORC Board of Director’s meetings held the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
The successful candidate will be passionate about mountain biking, with an energetic, “can-do” personality, who is comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
Posting: until filled
Starting date: September 16
Immediate Supervisor: Hansi Johnson
Advised by: MORC President, MORC Board of Directors,
Benefits: Health, Dental, SIMPLE IRA, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
Salary: Based on qualifications
Applying: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume in the same file to kerri [dot] salazar [at] imba [dot] com by Friday August 16.