Building Partnerships to Create, Preserve and Enhance Great Mountain Bike Experiences
Our specialty Retailer Members are vital because they operate in local communities where our members live and ride.
As a retailer, when you join IMBA you help improve bike access and help build new trails you do good for your customers and your business. Join Us Now.
Retailer Members benefit from good relationships with IMBA chapters and affiliated clubs — partners in helping you grow mountain biking in your markets. IMBA also leverages your support by partnering with local, state and federal officials and land managers to accomplish more than your store could independently.
Join or renew your Retailer Membership now. Retailer Memberships start at $100 per year for specialty retail businesses.
Retail chains and online retailers join at the Corporate Membership level.
Current members of the National Bicycle Dealers Association (NBDA) qualify for a 25% discount on IMBA Retailer Membership. The NBDA is a non-profit association for US specialty bicycle retailers committed to helping retailers offer great products and services, and promoting bicycling both on and off-road.
Why Retailers join IMBA
Membership with IMBA connects you to a vibrant international network. Great trails and in-town bike parks welcome new riders to the sport, build skills and encourage bike upgrades. Become part of a coalition of other responsible bicycle, outdoor and related businesses:
- 750 affiliated mountain bike clubs and National Mountain Bike Patrols, in all 50 states
- 80,000 individual supporters
- More than 200 member companies and 600 retail partners
- Extensive education and volunteer programs
- IMBA affiliate organizations in Canada, Mexico, UK, Europe and Australia
Your company’s support is tax-deductible. IMBA is a registered non-profit organization with 501c3 tax status. Click here to join IMBA today or call 303-454-9011 x 104
IMBA Retailer Member Benefits
Retailer Members earn tangible benefits:
- Links in all IMBA.com retailer directories
- IMBA Supporter decal for your storefront, identifying your store as a supporter of mountain bike advocacy.
- An IMBA banner, stickers and co-branded materials for your store or sales event.
- IMBA Shop Apron or Cap.
- IMBA Trail News newsletter subscription.
- Discounts on IMBA books and manuals, barrier tape and other promotional materials.
Supporting Retailer Members that contribute annual dues of $150 or more receive all the benefits of three (3) individual memberships for store staff, including IMBA VIP discounts on a new Subaru, insurance and free IMBA gear.
And marketing benefits give your business visibility:
- IMBA promotes advocacy, trail building and maintenance efforts organized with your store in press releases, e-News and in IMBA Trail News. Email info [at] imba [dot] com with details.
- Platinum and Gold Retailer Members are listed in IMBA Trail News.
- Store listing in the IMBA.com Near You directory and Retailer Member Map.
- Promotion of your store's commitment to IMBA’s work, including references in our annual report, e-News, press releases and membership materials.
- Authorized use of IMBA logos, graphics and editorial content.
- Access to IMBA's market research results -- learn more about the mountain biking market.
- Support and presence at local IMBA-affiliate club events.
Promotion at Interbike Leadership Breakfast
Each year IMBA recognizes its top Retailer Members' contributions and outstanding support during the IMBA Leadership Breakfast at Interbike. Your store can be showcased for exemplary work you and your staff have done such as:
- Educating your customers about trail advocacy and IMBA
- Working with your local IMBA Chapter or affiliated club on trail projects and events
- Encouraging your customers to join IMBA and promoting trail advocacy at your store
IMBA endorses retailers at the following annual contribution levels:
Platinum Retailer Member $2,500 Gold Retailer Member $1,000 Silver Retailer Member $750 Bronze Retailer Member $500
Sales for Trails Discounts and Donations
IMBA's Corporate Partners offer discounts to IMBA Retailer Members that also generate donations to IMBA's trailbuilding efforts. Examples include a 10% discount on your preseason order with a 5% donation to IMBA of total order value.
In 2012 IMBA is offering several new Sales for Trails offers.
Other Retailer Programs
Want to help IMBA build a stronger voice for riders in your market? Order membership cards for your staff to hand out with each mountain bike sale. Cards are free to Retailer Members, and there's no tracking or processing to deal with -- IMBA handles it all. Just email membership [at] imba [dot] com with your store name or logo, shipping address and quantity required. We'll print and send them to your store free of charge.
Can your sales staff answer a customer who asks What does the International Mountain Bicycling Association do? Encourage staff to take the 3point5 training to learn how IMBA preserves and builds the trails your customers ride. They will be ready to make your customers part of the local mountain biking movement. Join hundreds of dealers around the country and become an IMBA Retailer Member Now.
The Specialized Dealer Grant Program encourages wellness through bikes, bike access, bikes as sustainable transportation and getting youth to ride more often. Grants are available to Specialized retailers to support their efforts working with IMBA, IMBA affiliates and the local mountain biking community. Learn more here.