IMBA Seeks Candidates for Assoc. Regional Director in Indianapolis
The International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA) and the Hoosier Mountain Bike Association (HMBA) are seeking candidates for a full-time, exempt position as Associate Regional Director position/HMBA Executive Director working full-time in the Indianapolis Metro area. The position’s accountability is to achieve the strategic and programmatic goals of HMBA-IMBA and the Great Lakes Region Director by cultivating volunteer leadership, increasing financial capacity with fundraising and grant writing, current and new chapter development, and bolstering membership growth. Other goals include coordinating statewide advocacy and public affairs activity, marketing and communication activity, and cultivating public land management agency partnerships.
- Supporting and implementing the development, activation and evaluation of a plan for local and regional growth in membership, funding resources and volunteer capacity.
- Facilitating communication between HMBA Board of Directors, state and regional work groups, members/volunteers and local advocates.
- Communicate information between HMBA and the IMBA RD and the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, the State Legislature and other Indiana statewide partner groups and stakeholders.
- Assessment and development of partnerships for trails development, cataloging stakeholders, partners, resources and opportunities both in the Central Indiana region and throughout the State.
- Developing, engaging and mobilizing volunteer leadership in the Indianapolis area.
- Coordinating the representation and promotion of HMBA-IMBA at relevant public events and festivals
- Collaborating with other Indiana chapters and mountain bike clubs to support broader trail development and advocacy efforts
- Support HMBA. Sub-9, IMBA RD, and core volunteers to organize and facilitate the Brown County Breakdown and annual statewide summit.
- Develop and implement a sustainable sponsorship and partnership program strategy for HMBA-IMBA.
- Create membership drives and events to increase membership numbers and participation within HMBA-IMBA.
- Develop and manage an HMBA-IMBA volunteer database and assist with volunteer recruitment.
- Assisting the IMBA Regional Director (RD) in identifying and establishing an increased number of IMBA Chapters in Indiana and across the region.
- Assist with HMBA-IMBA day-to-day operations including emails, phone calls, meetings and other duties as assigned.
- Must attend all HMBA Board of Director’s meetings
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with business-related software, technology and applications for writing, presentations, communications, social networking, databases and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated public speaking, presentation and group facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build and significantly expand grassroots advocacy initiatives
- Experience with volunteer leadership development
- Experience leading and working in a collaborative team environment with professional staff and volunteers
- Fundraising and/ and/or relevant business development and sales experience
- Grant writing and application experience
- Experience and skill in working with public land management agencies, elected officials and other land conservation stakeholders
- Recruiting and motivating volunteers for grassroots initiatives
- Attention to detail and strong time-management and organizational skills
- Knowledge and understanding of bicycle and outdoor recreation industries
- Ability to represent HMBA-IMBA in their mission and programs in an authentic and credible manner
- Ability to meet the requirements of overnight travel, away from home. Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in a collaborative team environment
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license
The successful candidate will be passionate about mountain biking, with an energetic, “can-do” personality, who is comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
Posting: until filled Starting date: January 21
Immediate Supervisor: Andy Williamson
Advised by: HMBA President, HMBA Board of Directors,
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, SIMPLE IRA, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Vacation and Sick Leave
Salary: Based on qualifications
Applying: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume together in the same file to kerri [dot] salazar [at] imba [dot] com by Friday October 25. Please email any questions to Kerri Salazar directly.